|Want the security of corporation but the flexibility of a startup?
H4 Technology is a healthcare technology startup located in Omaha, NE. With government contracts and the accompanying sustainability, we offer a full range of health, dental, vision, retirement, HSA, life, and disability to go with flexible work hours and unlimited vacation. Salaries extremely competitive. We have immediate openings for our in-house development staff, like this one:
The Database Developer/Administrator (Sr. DBA) is responsible for all Microsoft SQL Databases.
The perfect candidate should have three or more of years of Information Technology experience are a requirement, with three or more years experience with MS-SQL Server on a Windows platform and possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient SQL scripting skills including stored procedure, functions, and ddl
- Mid-level knowledge of Windows O/S systems administration tasks
- Mid-level knowledge of Hardware in general, and hardware knowledge as it pertains to SQL Server installations
- Strong database management skills including backup and recovery best practices in a high-availability environment.
- Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Strong skills in maintenance tools and best practices processes.
- Ability to work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise
- Successful experience as a member of a project group
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to independently provide time estimates for database related tasks
- Data modeling, data entity analysis, and database design skills may be required
- Use of a data modeling tool such as Erwin, ER/Studio or Designer/2000 a plus
Performs the following activities:
- Specify, create, and maintain database instances in Development, Testing, UAT, and Production environments. This includes consistency with standards, security, data models and backup strategy for the database.
- Create, review, and maintain database objects (including the physical data model).
- Facilitate the migration of database objects from Development to UAT/Production.
- Recommend and review database architecture best practices and standards.
- Assist in the development of less experienced DBAs.
- Works closely with systems administrators and operators.
- Has frequent interaction with application development staff.
- Ensures database reliability and performance.
- Configure, create, and troubleshoot all SQL Server components.
- Database objects migration – Transfer and synchronize data records, triggers, SPs, tables, databases, SQL Server agent jobs, DTS packages, etc. amongst different SQL Servers.
Please no recruiters or corp-to-corp. If we want corp-to-corp, we know who to call, and we would prefer to give our money to our employees.