The State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) faced obstacles in efficiently collecting, organizing, accessing and analyzing data from behavioral health Regions and providers within the State.
- Labor intensive data collection and reporting process.
- Manual and time consuming authorization of service process for providers.
- Minimal data access and business intelligence solution to track key metrics needed to make data driven decisions.
- Low data integration capability within their existing system to meet current and future needs of the Region.
- Provide a single source of truth for behavioral health data.
- Eliminate manual data collection, reporting and dual entry processing.
- Provide web data entry access for those without EMR.
- Simplify provider and regional user workflows.
- Utilize dashboards to quickly and easily obtain critical statewide information based on predefined, measurable outcomes.
- Provide more flexible integration capability to providers.
- Automate the authorization of services.
- Automate NOMS and SAMHSA reporting.
Solution – COMPASS Data Management & Analytics Solution
- Integration Engine eliminating data silos and provider interoperability.
- Data Warehouse to improve data quality and consistency.
- Business Intelligence tool with interactive dashboards, reports, and analytics.
- Application Modules for Authorizations, Wait List, Capacity, Billing, Medicaid Eligibility, etc.
- Realized a ROI in 2 years with a $70,000 per month savings from operational efficiencies.
- Improved monitoring of State and Federal fiscal/clinical performance data.
- Eliminated manual data collection and report building process.
- Automatically authorized services based on intake questionnaire.
- NOMS, TEDS, Block Grant, and other SAMHSA reports produced automatically.