The Database Developer/Administrator (Sr. DBA) is responsible for all Microsoft SQL Databases.
- Specify, create, and maintain database instances in Development, Testing, UAT, and Production environments. This includes consistency with standards, security, data models and backup strategy for the database.
- Create, review, and maintain database objects (including the physical data model).
- Facilitate the migration of database objects from Development to UAT/Production.
- Recommend and review database architecture best practices and standards.
- Assist in the development of less experienced DBAs.
- Works closely with systems administrators and operators.
- Has frequent interaction with application development staff.
- Ensures database reliability and performance.
- Configure, create, and troubleshoot all SQL Server components.
- Database objects migration – Transfer and synchronize data records, triggers, SPs, tables, databases, SQL Server agent jobs, DTS packages, etc. amongst different SQL Servers.
The perfect candidate should have three or more of years of Information Technology experience are a requirement, with three or more years experience with MS-SQL Server on a Windows platform and possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient SQL scripting skills including stored procedure, functions, and ddl
- Mid-level knowledge of Windows O/S systems administration tasks
- Mid-level knowledge of Hardware in general, and hardware knowledge as it pertains to SQL Server installations
- Strong database management skills including backup and recovery best practices in a high-availability environment.
- Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Strong skills in maintenance tools and best practices processes.
- Ability to work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise
- Successful experience as a member of a project group
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to independently provide time estimates for database related tasks
- Data modeling, data entity analysis, and database design skills may be required
- Use of a data modeling tool such as Erwin, ER/Studio or Designer/2000 a plus
Please no recruiters or corp-to-corp. If we want corp-to-corp, we know who to call, and we would prefer to give our money to our employees.
If interested, please send a cover letter & resume to Chris Henkenius, President
H4 Technology, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. H4 Technology, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. H4 Technology, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of H4 Technology, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.