One of these jobs is not like the other. Tired of placements, contracts, parking passes, cafeterias, dress codes, vacation request forms, timesheets, TPS reports and Fortune 500? Ready to work to work where the software application IS the product?
H4 Technology is a healthcare software development company. We build software by investing in the people that build that software. We offer health, dental, vision, retirement, HSA, life, and disability to go with flexible work hours and unlimited vacation. Our competitive salaries complement our performance bonuses, birthday gifts, holiday parties, and staff outings.
We have immediate openings for our in-house development staff, like this one:
Database Developer Position
The Database Developer/Administrator (DBA) is responsible for all Microsoft SQL Databases. The candidate should have three or more of years of Information Technology experience at a minimum with three or more years’ experience with MS SQL Server on a Windows platform and possess the following skills:
• Specify, create, and maintain database instances in Development, Testing, UAT, and Production environments. This includes consistency with standards, security, data models and backup strategy for the database.
• Create, review, and maintain database objects (including the physical data model).
• Facilitate the migration of database objects from Development to UAT/Production.
• Design and implement data conversion and migration strategies.
• Recommend and review database architecture best practices and standards.
• Assist in the development of less experienced DBAs.
• Work closely with systems administrators and operators.
• Have frequent interaction with application development staff.
• Ensure database reliability and performance.
• Configure, create, and troubleshoot all SQL Server components.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Relational DB data modeling (ERD) in third normal form
• Multi-dimensional data modeling (ex. Star Schemas) a plus
• Proficient SQL scripting skills including stored procedure, functions, and DDL
• C# development with a focus on data access layer technologies (ex. Entity Framework)
• Mid-level knowledge of Windows O/S systems administration tasks
• Strong database management skills including backup and recovery best practices in a high-availability environment.
• Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
• Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
• Strong skills in maintenance tools and best practices processes.
• Ability to work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise
• Successful experience as a member of a project group
• Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team
• Ability to independently provide time estimates for database related tasks
• Use of a data modeling tool such as Erwin, ER/Studio or Designer/2000 a plus
• Knowledge of cloud platforms and architectures a plus
Please no recruiters or Corp-to-Corp. If we wanted that, we know who to call, and we prefer to give our money to our employees.
Send your resume and cover letter with links to your portfolio to Tara Henkenius.
Thanks and we look forward to meeting you soon!
The H4 Technology Team
H4 Technology, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. H4 Technology, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. H4 Technology, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of H4 Technology, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.