Medical Billing Specialist – Remote
H4 Technology, LLC is a family-owned company that focuses on providing services to the healthcare industry through software as well as outsourced services and advisory consulting. We work across all medical specialties and facility types across the United States to provide excellence in data access and analytics to our customers.
This full-time position will support our eobee product by providing revenue recovery activities including claim audits, denial management, claim submissions, appeals and other duties as assigned.
This is a remote, work-from-home, position that requires a high level of organization, documentation skills, and time-management. Employees who fill this position will be expected to self-start and be capable of working independently with minimal direct oversight.
- Audit patient records for accuracy, supply missing information, and correct as needed
- Communicate with patients to answer questions about their claims status, coordination of benefits or handling billing issues as needed
- Investigate claims to ensure they comply with state laws and regulations such as those governing fraud, drug abuse, or mental illness
- Review claims for accuracy and process payments to providers
- Work denied claims to resolution including various stages of appeal
- Maintain detailed records of claims activities to support audits by regulatory agencies or courts of law
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of federal and state laws regarding medical claims processing, including provisions related to fraud prevention
- Reviewing claims to determine whether they meet criteria for coverage under specific plans or policies
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in healthcare management or related field preferred
- Two years’ minimum experience in this position or a similar role required
- Certifications & Licenses
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) preferred
- Medical terminology
- Attention to detail
- Comfortability using Microsoft products and learning new technologies